[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #5611 Frontend preview and simulate time is buggy

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 11 03:50:46 CET 2008

OK, I received Kaspers answer, but unfortunately he was not able to
review the change in detail. However, we discussed my open questions, so
that I am sure now that it doesn't break anything which is not expected.

I'm writing "not expected" because there is one known problem though:
The preview of records that are versioned, but without using workspaces,
is failing now.

This is because versioning without using workspaces is still possible,
though it seems to be broken anyway, not just in this preview.

Our agreement was that this is considered a buggy feature, which we're
looking for solutions later. If anyone wants to use versioning, the
right way to do it for now is using workspaces.

So this means that the fix for bug #5611 can be committed, considering
the importance of this problem higher than providing a broken preview
for versioned / non-workspace records.

The change is now committed to TYPO3_4-2 and Trunk, see changesets attached.

- 1st change is non-functional cleanup
- 2nd change contains the fix

TYPO3_4-2: rev at 4437 (1) / rev at 4440 (2)
Trunk:     rev at 4438 (1) / rev at 4439 (2)

Cheers, and good night!
- michael

--
Use a newsreader! Check out