[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9758: Write Configuration to extTables.php

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 10:01:12 CET 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Install tool is meant for other settings. This module is called
> "Configuration", and now it can be used for configuration.

It is not for other settings :) "Configuration" module shows you
exactly the same what you can change in "All configuration" in
Install tool.

Install tool does not show some things but only because it cannot
parse them properly. Otherwise "Configuration" is different looking
read–only version of "All configuration" in Install tool.

> If an user has admin rights ha has the chance for "destroy" anyway, so
> this should be only trusted users. I made the patch because there are
> some settings in TCA that needs change like maxItems or max, which can
> be done now very easily.

But you created a workaround against Install tool password now.
There is no need for Install tool password anymore: any setting can
be freely changed with Configuration module if your patch is applied.

> As i'm in a forum as well i know what users ask for all the time, and
> those changes are one of this.

I am not in the forum, I am only in mailing lists. People ask many
things but you should not do blindly what they ask. There are
reasons to do things and not to do things. If Apple did everything
what people say, Apple would never have such great products! There
are always reasons and there are always people who will want things
to be different. It is impossible to satisfy everyone.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support