[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9758: Write Configuration to extTables.php

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Nov 10 09:57:45 CET 2008

Hi guys,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> And thirdly, it should go to localconf.php, not to extTables.php.
>>> All configuration values go to localconf.php. There is no reason to
>>> change it.
>> imho the extTables is the place where those settings go to?

It depends. $TCA values should be stored into typo3conf/extTables.php as
this file is only included when $TCA is loaded. Remember,
typo3conf/localconf.php is also loaded when surfing in the frontend.

> I thought that extTables.php is deprectated because extensions have
> their own ext_tables.php.

The file is used to override settings from ext_tables.php. I think this
still makes sense, why should it become deprecated?

> I add everything to localconf.php directly if I must to, but I usually
> write a custom extension even for small TCA changes.

Why? Well ok, two different scenarios:
- Multi-site change:
  Maybe it's worth to create an extension for this, but again you must
  assure that it is loaded after all other extensions, otherwise it may
  not really override everything.
- Single site change:
  typo3conf/extTables.php fits perfectly imho!

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out