[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9758: Write Configuration to extTables.php

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 10 09:38:13 CET 2008

Hi,

> imho the extTables is the place where those settings go to?
> There are some simular (commented) pre-settings in.

Hmm, I thought so too.

One thing however, which is definitely wrong with this patch is that the
name "extTables.php" is *not* hard-coded. It is defined in
localconf.php, with the following statement:

$typo_db_extTableDef_script = 'extTables.php';

This means that:

1) it may have another name, so you should use the above variable

2) this variable may actually be blank, so there's no extTables.php file
at all.

I am in case 2 in all of my sites. As Masi mentioned I put all my TCA
modifications into an extension's ext_tables.php, so I could actually
remove the typo3conf/extTables.php file (no need to carry around useless
files).

I'm quite positive about the feature you suggest, but you need to take
into account the $typo_db_extTableDef_script variable. What I would
suggest is that you make your script capable of understanding the
"EXT:blabla" syntax, so that the TCA modifications could actually be
saved to an extension where such changes already reside. Does that make
sense?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter