[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9758: Write Configuration to extTables.php

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 06:13:07 CET 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> in Configuration module you can view the TCA-array. By clicking on a
> property you get an input field with the complete line.
>
> You will see a message:
> (Now, copy/paste this value into the configuration file where you can
> set it. This is all you can do from here...)
>
> Not any longer :-)
>
> I added a few lines so it's possible to change the line and write it
> direct to extTables.php. As this script is enabled by default, you don't
> need any more now.
>
> Attached are also screenshots how this look.

Firsts, "Write value...", not "write value...". Same for "<< back",
it should be "Back" (preferably without arrows because Backend does
not use such arrow in any other place).

Secondly, the sentence on the button is too technical. Why users
would care where value is written? Make it convention "Save" (with
upper case "S") :)

And thirdly, it should go to localconf.php, not to extTables.php.
All configuration values go to localconf.php. There is no reason to
change it.

Sorry, but -1 for now. I could not make changes to the patch because
I am in a hurry (5 mins to go).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support