[TYPO3-core] RFC #9615: Move frontend editing to a system extension

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Nov 6 17:31:11 CET 2008

Hey Olly,

Oliver Hader wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Jeff Segars schrieb:
>> Attaching v5 of the patch (hopefully final version for 4.3 Alpha 1).
>>
>> I took Ingo's suggestion to create t3lib/exception/ for exception
>> handling and added PHP/TYPO3 version requirements in ext_emconf.php.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Jeff
>
> I changed some issues in your v5 patch:
> * In typo3/sysext/fe_edit/view/class.tx_feedit_adminpanel.php on line
> 553 there's a ".." what produces a syntax error

Weird, I don't have that locally now and I don't remember changing
anything, but its certainly there in the patch file.  Anyway, thanks for
catching this one!

> * there are some tabs on blank lines that can be removed (regexp search
> "^\t+$")
> * In typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/index_ts.php you can remove the $GLOBALS of
> 'BE_USER'
> * Some obvious formatting things
>
> +1 on testing and reading (Phew!)

Thanks! I know this was a painful one :)

We're working on an extension icon for this and our new frontend
editing, but they're not quite ready yet and the designer is busy right
now. I'll go ahead and add the default question mark icon for the time
being, give it a last round of testing and then commit.

Thanks again!
Jeff