[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #3787: Patch: new option TSFE.jumpURL_HTTPStatusCode = 30x

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Nov 3 16:41:45 CET 2008

Hey Stefan!

Stefan Geith wrote:

> <snip />
>
> Sure - but this leads me to these questions:
>
> 1. Should config_default.php (the Installer/Edit_All_Configuration)
>    be patched ?

I don't think so.  There's not a TYPO3_CONF_VAR component here, right?
 From my reading of the code (and what I observed in testing) it's just
using Page TSConfig.

> 2. What documentation describes the typo3_conf_vars['fe'] options ?
>    (At least: I could not find something in doc_core_api,
>    doc_core_inside nor doc_core_ts*)

It looks like doc_core_tsconfig is the best place. There's a section for
TSFE Page TSconfig at the very end.

> 3. Should the documentation contain a link to
>      http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html
>    where Status-Codes are described ?
>
> 4. Should I include some Information about ServerSide Redirection,
>    as described (in german) on this page:
> http://blog.antikoerperchen.de/beitrag/38/gute-weiterleitung-boese-weiterleitung-redirect-per-meta-tag-javascript-htaccess-und-php.html
> ?
>    Is there anyone having already a small english describtion of
>   'good redirects' ?

I would say that specific information about the different HTTP header
codes is out of the scope of this document.  You could briefly mention
which ones are allowed, but after that its up to the person using the
feature to understand each of them.

A link to the spec like you have above probably would be helpful though.

Hope that helps :)
Jeff