[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #9654: Enable includeLibs also for USER and COA objects

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sat Nov 1 20:09:14 CET 2008

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>> This is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Problem:
>> The TypoScript object USER does not support the includeLibs property.
>> context and included there - no matter if it's really required or not.
>> This is somehow a waste of performance and memory.
>>
>> Solution:
>> The solution is to enable "includeLibs" also for USER objects and only
>> load the PHP class if it's really required.
>>
>> Documentation changes:
>> * In TSref, cObject "COBJ_ARRAY (COA, COA_INT)":
>> -> remove paragraph "(This property is used only if the object is
>> COA_INT!, See introduction.)"
>> * In TSref, cObject "USER and USER_INT":
>> -> remove paragraph "(This property is used only if the object is
>> USER_INT!, See introduction.)"
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9654
>>
>> Branch: Trunk
>
> I forgot to change t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43() to use USER.includeLibs
> now... Attached patch (v2) changes this...

+1 from reading.

The only issue I see is that before the patch you got only one
"Including libraries" for the global includeLibs configuration. Now you
get it if for each of the includeLibs properties (both global and local
to the objects) without much information (unless something breaks and
the include file isn't found). But not a real problem, this can be
solved later.

BTW, can you change the wording to "does not exist"? I think it makes
more sense to use the present tense in an error messages like this.

Masi