[TYPO3-core] SVN maintenance work on Friday (23.05) - Today!

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri May 23 17:42:04 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

Hi Dmitry,

> In general, development for active version should happen in trunk, not
> in branch. This is a purpose of trunk.

This is right, but only until feature freeze. With feature freeze only
bug fixing happens in the current dev version. But however - for
whatever reason - the next version could be started at the same time or
more precisely if someone can't wait with a feature he can commit that
to trunk already without having to wait that feature freeze ends.

> If there are commit hooks for automatic commits from branch to trunk,
> some of them will definitely fail. Imagine if I add a new feature to
> typoLink and someone fixes a bug for typoLink next day. Result: SVN
> conflict, no bugfix commit.

don't worry, things can still be fixed then.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner