[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8441: pageErrorHandling doesn't work with relative files in a subfolder TYPO3 install

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Mon May 19 17:39:51 CEST 2008

Hi Christoph,
Christoph Koehler schrieb:

>>  The way I read his report Christoph expects
>> http://domain/prefix/error.html but gets http://domain/error.html.
>
> That's it. My TYPO3 install on localhost is in a subfolder, so I have
> <http://localhost/sub1/,> <http://localhost/sub2/,> etc. When I set my
> error page to fileadmin/404.html, it always tells me that
> <http://localhost/fileadmin/404.html> doesn't exist, which is of
> course true.

Have you tested this in a multi domain environment? Just asking because
I'm not sure what the constant TYPO3_SITE_URL incorporates, but it
reads, like it should work ;)

In TYPO3 it is possible to set a domain record like "domain.tld/prefix"
which works like a charm, but not with error documents. Domain record
handling is the main reason why it is a bad idea setting
pagenotfoundhandling to "prefix/404.html" (just in case you have not
known this before).

Kind regards
Helmut