[TYPO3-core] Need help: Reviewing t3editor-code for 4.2

Tobias Liebig tobias at work.de
Wed Mar 12 21:53:29 CET 2008

Hej,

finding reviewers for the t3editor is very difficult, because digging
into the javascript-code and reviewing the whole stuff is a bunch of work.

Thomas offered his help (thanks so far!) and i've asked Stephan Petzl
(who started to implement context-sensitive auto-compeltion for the
editor) if he can help on reviewing.
I guess the main problem is the missing time, so i 'm afraid that we
can't get two "+1"s till RC1 (or final)

Ingo and i had a little talk about this today and result in the
following idea:

if currently nobody have the time to do the review till 4.2 releases,
we will (read: "i will") modify the "glue-code" in the core to make it
more general (by using hooks) and release the editor as an extension in
the TER.
So no one need to review the whole editor (for now), but just the new
"glue-code-hooks", which should be no big deal.

This atually means the t3editor will *not* be shipped within 4.2 core,
but is avaiable as an extension.

For the upcoming t3board and/or the devdays, i like to propose a kind of
"review sprint" for the editor. i hope to find 2 or 3 people to help
reviewing and improving the editor together.
Thomas already agreed and will join the session.

What do you think?

regards
    tobias

--