[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7642: Page tree Filter use wrong div for collapse

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 4 17:58:02 CET 2008

Hi,

> (yes, we have a
> few projects with >1000 pages, but it's definitvely the minority.

It's not even useful then, because it won't highlight pages that are
inside a collapsed branch. And chances are that you have a *lot* of
collapsed branches if you have 1000+ pages.

> I thought 4.2 was about a "cleaner backend" and not a more cluttered
> interface with useless functions, and now it is enabled by default and
> can't even clicked away. We had discussions that went nowhere about this
> "feature", I just don't seem why we remove it for 4.2 and if someone is
> willing to write a cool filter (AJAX-based not just JS-based) with a
> more intuitive feeling, we can finally introduce this feature in 4.3. I
> think we wanted to keep the "half-baked" features away from a stable
> version ;-).

I fully agree. I hadn't followed this thread and I thought it was about
getting something functional into beta3. As it is it is nice maybe nicer
but still useless.

As a middle way could we at least have a parameter to hide it permanently?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter