[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7642: Page tree Filter use wrong div for collapse

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue Mar 4 17:25:19 CET 2008

Hey all,

this feature, the page tree filter is really starting to annoy me. An
editor just came back to me (after using beta3) and pointed out that he
cannot collapse the page tree filter anymore. We both agreed that this
feature is not useful for 95% of the projects we're in (yes, we have a
few projects with >1000 pages, but it's definitvely the minority.

I don't know who will ever gonna use this feature as it is just a simple
JS function to grey out the non-matching ones (they are not even
disappearing so it would be really helpful).

I thought 4.2 was about a "cleaner backend" and not a more cluttered
interface with useless functions, and now it is enabled by default and
can't even clicked away. We had discussions that went nowhere about this
"feature", I just don't seem why we remove it for 4.2 and if someone is
willing to write a cool filter (AJAX-based not just JS-based) with a
more intuitive feeling, we can finally introduce this feature in 4.3. I
think we wanted to keep the "half-baked" features away from a stable
version ;-).

Anyway. So, if there are at least three people who really think this
feature (in its current state, since no more features will be added for
4.2) is useful in its place as it is, then I will be forever silent
about this (and create a "cleaner-backend" extension that XCLASSes the
pagetree and removes that thing in all my installations), otherwise I
propose to remove this feature temporary.

--
greetings,
benni.