[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix (part of) #7589: FULLTEXT keys are not processed correctly

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Mar 2 18:18:51 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> That there is no reason to force UTF-8 upon everyone. iso-8859-1 and
> other charsets are completely valid choices for some installations. The
> only thing I really would like to go (though it will break installations
> I know) is the multi-charset feature. That is, you're using eg English
> (iso-8859-1) and Polish (iso-8859-2) but do not use forceCharset (utf-8).

While I prefer utf-8, I agree with Masi. For some countries there are traditional character sets and people do not want to use anything else. We should not force them.

>> - remove multiplyDBfieldSize from config_default.php (so the feature is
>>   still available, but it can no longer be set for new installations)
>
> Dmitry likes it to stay for some reasons. I forgot exactly why but it
> has - suprise - something to do with compatibility.

I think it should stay in the code but removed from config_default. Since it used elsewhere, each usage has to be checked and 1 is used if value is not set.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team