[TYPO3-core] RFC: Add feature #6547: Allow ignoring of the the no_cache parameter

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Sun Mar 2 16:30:40 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> REMINDER
>
> Well I consider this a security related feature because this can in
> theory be used for DOS attacks. But of course, the primary goal is to
> help getting rid of any no_cache usage.
>
> Attached is a new patch which calls t3lib_div::sysLog() in every case
> when $TSFE->set_no_cache() is called. This will be pretty helpful to see
>  how often and because of what the caching was disabled.
>
> Comments: There is no easy way to trigger this when $TSFE->no_cache is
> set directly. We could probably protect it and enforce usage of
> $TSFE->set_no_cache(), but then again this might block some existing
> (faulty) extensions...
>
> The code is pretty simple so it should be easy to approve this change.
> Thanks in advance!

I agree that this is a desired feature and no_cache could trouble some
sites with high traffic.

There are some internal methods in the Core which call
TSFE->set_no_cache(), e.g. on forcing TypoScript rendering in admin
panel. If one wants to use the admin panel on a site with
disableNoCacheParameter enabled, he has to disable this flag again
before. But I tend to have a "better" solution for these cases.

I'm fine with this feature entering the Core, but only with
disableNoCacheParameter disabled by default (as it is right now):
+1 on reading an testing

olly
--
Oliver Hader