[TYPO3-core] RFC: Resubmission of feature #1585: Logfile by Request URI + configuration of Empty Referer handling + logline hook

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Mar 1 18:06:19 CET 2008

Michael Stucki schrieb:

>> (2) stat_apache_cutQuery = [boolean] will trigger cutting query parameters
>> (anything behind '?') of the logged line
>
> Fine

Please rename to stat_apache_removeQuery

>> (3) Though this is not an exact solution (which I think is not possible due to
>> missing env var), it could be made configurable how to log hits with an empty
>> Referer and User Agent (since Apache's direct address hits will be seen as empty
>> referer by TYPO3). Introducing the property stat_apache_emptyReferer=[string]
>> and stat_apache_emptyUserAgent=[string]
>
> What is exactly the problem here? Currently an empty referer gets
> replaced with a dash,

I don't see this in the current code:

if (!$this->config['config']['stat_apache_notExtended'])
{
   $LogLine.= ' "'.t3lib_div::getIndpEnv('HTTP_REFERER').'"
  "'.t3lib_div::getIndpEnv('HTTP_USER_AGENT').'"';
}

But I think it's ok to use always a dash for an empty value as it's
Apache/CLF compatible. Maybe one stat_apache_emptyValue is enough, could
even default to a dash.

>> Notes:
>> This feature was already suggested on 2007-11-10 to this list but Martin
>> Kutschker had some good suggestions/corrections to the former patch. Those are
>> respected within this version.
>
> Seen this. And as I mentioned above already, I have made a similar patch
> which does the same, and some more things like logging of pages not
> found and logging of fe_user names according to Apaches behaviour.
>
> I will send it to you so you can have a look at it, however there is no
> dependency with this change here.

Michael, did you find the time to send Ralf those changes?

Masi