[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2302: substitute all strtoupper/strtolower with the t3lib_div-method

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jun 27 17:30:30 CEST 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> remember the turkish problem - if you apply strtoupper or strtolower to any
> string containing an "i" method will fail
>
> So intention was to use it consequent on any place

This has nothing to do with consistency. You just replaced all occurencies without thinking if it is necessary or not.

If strtolower fails when you check for 'true', you already know it is not 'true' or 'tRuE' string! There is no need for t3lib_div method in this case.

One case when definitely need t3lib_div method call, is in TCEmain when evaluations happen for fields. But most checks can live with strtolower.

I appreciate that you take care of this problem but replacement should take place when necessary. Be simple.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/