[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8724: getElementsByClassName does not work properly in Firefox 3 and is deprecated in prototype.js

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Tue Jun 17 22:11:25 CEST 2008

Hi Olly,

Oliver Hader wrote:

> Thanks for pointing this out and taking care of it.
> I was able to reproduce the behaviour you mentioned with FF3 and Safari
> 3.1.
> +1 on reading and testing (for Trunk and TYPO3_4-2)

Great. With the +1 of Steffen, he gave in the thread "RFC: #8720 ..."
this one is ready to commit.

> I'm fine to have this also in the TYPO3_4-1 branch. But there we have
> PrototypeJS 1.5.0 - thus, we have to change the "select" call to use
> "getElementsBySelector" (same method functionality but, different name
> in 1.5.0).

If this gets approved (I think it should, because there already are
things in there for fixing FF3 behaviour) by the release manager of 4.1,
I can prepare a patch for 4.1 branch, too.

Kind regards
Helmut