[TYPO3-core] RFC #8564: Result of t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue is hardcoded and therefore cannot be translated

Christopher Chrissitopher at gmx.de
Sat Jun 14 18:12:07 CEST 2008

Hi Benni!

"Benjamin Mack" <benni at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1213177133.27659.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> But why do you not want to add it to 4.2?
> Now I know why...
>
> I just upgraded from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 on a site of mine.
> I logged in as admin (german language) and got this:
>
> Important notice!
>
>     * Click to remove the file now!
>
> So, there is no label about "The installer tool...", and if I do a "update
> translation" I don't see it anyway. Does this mean that the translation
> handling does not work or if we need to clear the localization files
> completely again for patch level releases?

That really is not good. Would have been nice if that would have been
noticed beforehand or if someone knew that there might be such problems...
But noone expressed his concerns...
However, the task should now be to find the reason for this error and to
solve it.

> This is an additional overhead. I therefore propose to never add labels in
> patch level releases again.

I propose to decide upon that, when the reason for the error is found.
Then we know why it didn't work and if there is the possibility that
something like this happens again...
Before we should not talk at large here, should we?

Greetings

Christopher