[TYPO3-core] RFC #8682: no result check for setlocale via TypoScript

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jun 12 09:36:44 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 11.06.2008 18:54:

> This is a patch request for TYPO3_4-1 and trunk.

You mean "trunk" only? This is a "new feature".

> Problem: setlocale() triggered by config.locale_all fails silently.
>
> Solution: Give the admin via the admin panel a feedback if the setting
> of the locale failed.

That is cool, yes: Very handy!

I was a bit surprised to find the error message right on the first
element in the TypoScript TT stack (where it says "Script Start"). This
is not the moment this is called. So I would change the patch to
something like it is attached in this mail, so that we have some stack
to place the message in and then it appears on the proper position in
the processing list (i.e. after "Setting the config-array" and before
"Page generation").

+1 with that change, based on reading, testing, but trunk-only!

Cheers,
Ernesto