[TYPO3-core] RFC #8564: Result of t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue is hardcoded and therefore cannot be translated

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Jun 11 11:39:31 CEST 2008

> But why do you not want to add it to 4.2?
Now I know why...

I just upgraded from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 on a site of mine.
I logged in as admin (german language) and got this:

Important notice!

     * Click to remove the file now!

So, there is no label about "The installer tool...", and if I do a
"update translation" I don't see it anyway. Does this mean that the
translation handling does not work or if we need to clear the
localization files completely again for patch level releases?

This is an additional overhead. I therefore propose to never add labels
in patch level releases again. Ingo had concerns, I now have concerns as
well. Can we agree on that? Should we write it down to the SVN commit rules?

--
greetings,
benni.