[TYPO3-core] RFC #8590: Fileadmins folderoverview don`t show 'B' (for byte) after filesize

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-no at spam-blackbox.net
Tue Jun 3 14:18:05 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Stefano and all,
>
> Very nice work. I did some changes to your patch.
>
> * Cleaned up one foreach / while-each and made code more readable
> * Added the default labels for t3lib_div as well (I don't like having
> different values in t3lib_div and file_list BY default)
> * Set the default second parameter in the line, where it belongs IMHO
> (also very good for IDEs, I can imagine).
>
> Anyway, +1 after reading, haven't tried this patch though

You cannot change the default value of the $lagels argunment of
formatSize()! Leave it as it is, however odd it is. It's an unexpected
change. If there is no B the function can be used for bits (like Kb) and
other units. So -1 on that part.

And I still see no reason to translate the units. They are the same in
all languages. Dmitry, can you confirm that for Russian?

If we let the unit label in rename it to something that is connected to
it's content like "byteFormat".

Masi