[TYPO3-core] RFC #8590: Fileadmins folderoverview don`t show 'B' (for byte) after filesize

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-no at spam-blackbox.net
Tue Jun 3 11:25:34 CEST 2008

Stefano Kowalke schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Stefano Kowalke schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This is an SVN patch request.
>>>
>>> Type: Bugfix
>>>
>>> Bugtracker references:
>>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8590
>>>
>>> Branches:
>>> 4.2, Trunk
>>>
>>> Problem:
>>> The folderoverview from fileadmin displays only a 'K' for Kilo, a 'M' for
>>> Mega,... but without 'B' for Byte.
>> -1
>>
>> No label for this. KB etc are the same in every language.
>>
>> Masi
>

> I think we talk about different things.
>
> Have a look at the screenshots.
>
> The first one dont show the 'B', so if filesize is lower than 1 Kilobyte
> (KB) no unit was shown. If filesize is greater than 1 Kilobyte, only Kilo
> was displayed.

Well, for some reason the file size formatting routine of t3lib_div
omits the B. You may add it IMHO directly without using a label.

>> No label for this. KB etc are the same in every language.
>
> Im wondering. This label was used by my other RFC #8505 too.

Seems I missed it there.

> And maybe the Unit was the same, but not every language use latin letters.
> It looks inconsistent if your whole backend set to cyrillic, but KB is in
> latin letters

I don't think so, but Dmitry will be able to tell us more. Anyway, if we
translate the B, we must also translate the K, M and G. Otherwiese it
makes no sense at all.

Masi