[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9046: Nested domain linking with domain record on root page

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jul 31 14:40:51 CEST 2008

Hi!

Tobias Liebig wrote:
> -----------------------------
> Case 1:
> - "Subsite Domain B" has an own template

It is not the only thing that matters. You should also have "Is site root?" checked for every domain in page properties.

> config.typolinkEnableLinksAcrossDomains
>  - it does not change the behaviour in any of my test cases
>  - if this is false (0, default) and typolinkCheckRootline is true,
>    ALL links are prefixed with the domain name
>    is this intended?

No. Should not be like that. Only non-current domains should be prepended.

>  - if the value is set to true (1),
>    the links within the same domain are NOT prefixed
>    IMHO this should be the default behaviour

Right.

>  - this property is *not* documented in TSRef!

Yes :( Take a look to the wiki, in the "Pending documentation". The problem with documentation exists for ages. Stucki is responsible for [not] updating core documentation in time. Kick him, I am already tired of doing it. When I am done with CGL draft I may pick up something from core docs to update them myself.

> As multiple domain handling is really tough stuff, i would recommend
> that Dmitry (as he suggested) and at least one other core-dev - who is
> familiar with this - should investigate this issue

I can say that in February I spent almost two weeks working on the issue full time for the large client. Still it was not resolved completely. There were lots of issues with nested domains, including wrong links in menu.

I think RealURL should work more or less correctly with nested domains now, so should core. But it requires domain records and "is_siteroot" flag and root template (all three!) on the domain start page.

I do not remember all details about this issue because it was long time ago. But I will definitely look at the issue again soon.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team