[TYPO3-core] RFC #8505: String "File/Files" in Fileadmin are hardcoded

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Jul 25 14:01:09 CEST 2008

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> I wouldn't localize the single letter "B" and then have "K", "M", etc.
> not localized, either all hardcoded abbreviations (KB, MB, etc.) or all
> localized.

It turned out that these labels must be localizable for Russian et al.

I think these labels should go to the "common label file" that has been
suggested for common BE and FE stuff. If committed now please leave a
@todo note so that we can come back and use the common label later.

The reason for splitting was that K,M,G are "modifiers" than can be used
together with other units.

Anway, I agree to an all or nothing localization favouring an
all-localization.

Masi