[TYPO3-core] RFC #8505: String "File/Files" in Fileadmin are hardcoded

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Fri Jul 25 13:23:31 CEST 2008

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:

> Hi Stefano,
>
> I wouldn't localize the single letter "B" and then have "K", "M", etc.
> not localized, either all hardcoded abbreviations (KB, MB, etc.) or all
> localized.

I could give the second parameter to the t3lib_div::formatSize() function.
This parameter contains the langlabels 'B|KB|MB|GB'

return $this->counter . ' ' . $fileLabel . ', ' .
t3lib_div::formatSize($this->totalbytes,
$GLOBALS['LANG']->getLL('byteSize', true));

But in other thread (#8590) Masi said:

>> You cannot change the default value of the $lagels argunment of
>> formatSize()! Leave it as it is, however odd it is. It's an unexpected
>> change. If there is no B the function can be used for bits (like Kb) and
>> other units. So -1 on that part.

> One other thing is that IMHO just "B" doesn't look very good as it's not
> that common as KB and MB:
> "2 Files, 0 B".

But this is the logical unit. If you have a file with 2 B, why you should
have suddenly a empty file with 0 KB? Thats makes no sense.

And if we just told about: kB was the right Unit for Kilobyte. But after a
look at my Desktop, i think KB is usual for Kilobyte.

Cheers
Stefano

--
Seit dem 1.1.2008 werden Daten zu jeder E-Mail verdachtsunabhängig gespeichert!
Weitere Informationen: www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de