[TYPO3-core] Core and CGL

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Mon Jul 21 13:46:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> So when you change some lines you should also change the surrounding
>> ones? It looks strange to have this mixture.
>
> I am ok with slow changes. To me a function looks like a unit to
> reformat when changing it. Of course, reformatting something as huge as
> process_datamap() would be a big task by itself.

I think both approaches are okay and can complement each other:
- updating complete files to the new CGL without any functional changes
- updating the changed lines or the complete function to the new CGL
while fixing bugs

> We should use extdeveval. It can reformat files. But extdeveval should
> be adjusted first to fit latest CGL.

+1

And set of exported Zend Studio formatting rules to download would also
be nice. Maybe I'll create those if nobody has done so yet.

(And the new CGL need to be published so that they are official. And we
need to get it straight how to handle the indentation of comments.)

Oliver