[TYPO3-core] RFC #8985: Enable USER object to become USER_INT on the fly

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Fri Jul 18 09:45:05 CEST 2008

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> One thought came to my mind. What about USER-plugins that convert to
> USER_INT but which are already called from inside a COA_INT for example?
> Will that work as expected? Maybe the "conversion" is not even needed then?

Good point. Currently nested *_INT objects create new temporarily
markers and will recurse the processing. If a parent object in the
TypoScript hierarchy is of *_INT type, all children can throw away their
INT part, e.g.

10 = COA_INT
10.10 = COA_INT
10.10.10 = TEXT
10.10.10.value = Test1
10.20 = COA_INT
10.20.10 = TEXT
10.20.10.value = Test2

becomes

10 = COA_INT
10.10 = COA
10.10.10 = TEXT
10.10.10.value = Test1
10.20 = COA
10.20.10 = TEXT
10.20.10.value = Test2

Thus, they can be processed "directly" while the first *_INT object gets
rendered.

olly
--
Oliver Hader