[TYPO3-core] RFC #8985: Enable USER object to become USER_INT on the fly

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jul 17 10:40:05 CEST 2008

Ingo Renner wrote: on 17.07.2008 10:09:

> didn't test yet. However, it also feels a bit strange to have the plugin
> control the core instead of the other way around.

That is exactly what was missing. It is not controlling the core, but
controlling the caching of its own.

> Wouldn't it be possible to check for a configuration variable in the
> plugin's TS ($conf['useCache'] f.e.) and let the core decide depending
> on that? This way the plugin would also save doing the check itself.

Then it would be no benefit, because you can also set USER_INT in
TypoScript already. I have dozens of use-cases where I need to decide
inside my plugin if output should be cached (depending on the selected
view, depending on whether the current output is random or dynamic,
etc). It can be done already without a core patch, but it is ugly and
non-standard, which is why I think it is cool if there is support for it
from the core.

Cheers,
Ernesto