[TYPO3-core] RFC #8985: Enable USER object to become USER_INT on the fly

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jul 17 10:23:01 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> 9, 18: there's IMO no need to add @var for primitive types, should be
> used only for objects

It helps to understand code. But I can get rid of it...

> 11: name the variable $doConvertToUserInt or $convertToUserInt - always
> use lowerCamlCase for variables

Object is called USER_INT, not UserInt. The name chosen to make a quick understanding of code. It does not follow camelcase but the name makes more sense than camelcase in this particular case. Readability of the code is more important than formality.

> 20: call the variable $userObjectType

No problem.

> 27, 34: add a public access designator. What does OT mean? No
> abbreviations, please.

OT = object type. CGL does not disallow abbreviations. If we add more constants we may prefer to separate them from each other in some way. Prefix is a standard way to do it.

> 72: the comment is not quite clear, needs to be indented with a tab

Not according to CGL.

> 75: couldn't that call be moved into the else branch? Seems to be the
> only place where $tempContent is used...

Probably it could.

> 106: name the method convertToUserInt()

To "user integer"? ;) There is no such thing as UserInt in TYPO3.

> didn't test yet. However, it also feels a bit strange to have the plugin
> control the core instead of the other way around.

Well, propose a better patch ;) No one did so far.

> Wouldn't it be possible to check for a configuration variable in the
> plugin's TS ($conf['useCache'] f.e.) and let the core decide depending
> on that? This way the plugin would also save doing the check itself.

No. It is not always variable, it is logic in the code sometimes.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team