[TYPO3-core] RFC #8566: Unable to match TS condition when variable is not set

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Jul 15 15:55:50 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> +1 by reading. However, after reading your discussion with Masi, I'm not
>>> sure if you plan to change the delimiter now? If that is the case,
>>> please
>>> send an updated patch first, and make sure that // as delimiter will
>>> still
>>> work...
>>
>> Dmitry didn't like the dual delimiter approach. Any other opinions?
>
> The more I think the less I like the idea to change delimiter.
> Documentation says that expression will be simply wrapped to / and used.

Funnily this isn't what happens. The code looks for /../ and passes the
WHOLE thing incl. the / provided by the user to regexp_match.

Anyway, if we add a feature we must change the docs as well. There's no
problem at all as now only /.../ and in future other "wrappers" will
work too. Completely backward and forward compatible :-)

Masi