[TYPO3-core] RFC #8649: Bug: No check on memory_limit in class.tx_impexp.php

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jul 14 13:37:01 CEST 2008

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Sorry but I think you're loosing track here. The discussion is now about
> overriding sysadmin settings although this is exactly how it has been done
> for ages!
>
> The real problem is that if you really need _more_ than 256M, the value is
> still hardcoded (currently) and there is no way to change this except
> patching the code.

This is what I wrote earlier: it is enough to remove ini_set completely from this code. There is no need for it there with any value. The value for memory_limit is set by TYPO3 already and it should be sufficient for every module in the system.

> So please let's fix this problem first and discuss about any way of
> improving the impexp part later (in fact, I would very much welcome this!)

This is what I proposed! Fix the problem by removing ini_set at all and let this module to use system-defined value. Can you explain me why this solution is bad?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team