[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #8934: lowlevel: change compatibility version to 4.3.0

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 11 18:54:18 CEST 2008

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> I first thought if it would make sense to keep the minimum version at 4.2.0
> since currently they would work well on this version, too.
>
> However, as 4.2 has their own "lowlevel" etc. versions and we probably want
> to add new features, I'm +1 for binding all sysexts together with the
> version of the surrounding code.

Same thoughts here :) We always set current major version as the minimum, even for extensions that did not change for ages.

I am however in doubt now... I wanted to set minimum to 4.3.0 but it turns out that EM complain that 4.3-dev is less than 4.3.0 and exts give warnings again. What should we do? Just ignore it? It will go away automatically when we release 4.3.0. I do not think setting 4.2.999 as the minimum is a good idea.

Should we stick to 4.3.0-4.3.99 as in the last patch?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team