[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #8717 (cleanup): htmlArea RTE link browser does not honour correctly hooking browsers

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jul 7 15:02:23 CEST 2008

Hi Stanislas,

in this change a hook is renamed, which is pretty delicate already. However,
the ChangeLog entry doesn't even mention this, it just contains the
original subject with an additional "cleanup" remark.

Please change the following:
- when renaming a hook key, it must be stated clearly in the ChangeLog
- do not forget to emphasize this with three exclamation marks in front of
  the ChangeLog entry

Generally I would like all of you to think about the necessity renaming a
hook well. The good thing is that this very case has a practical reason and
makes pretty much sense. However, developers who want to use this hook need
to care that there is now a difference between the handling in TYPO3 4.2
and 4.3. The least thing we can do here is to advertise it with a special
mark in the ChangeLog.

I am not asking to revert the whole change, but please fix the ChangeLog
entry according to my comments.

- michael

--
Use a newsreader! Check out