[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #4923: provide new inputfield "directorypicker" in BE

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Thu Jan 31 23:12:07 CET 2008

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Wolf schrieb:
>> I added a new dirpicker demo to http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4923
>> , that
>> doesn't use an input field with ?mode=folder GP but a single group field.
>
> I also thought about that when implementing the first dirpicker, but as
> I am a rather keyboard-centric worker (Linux user ;)), I opted against
> it because I sometimes want to be able to type the path (or copy&paste
> it), so it's better to be also able to directly type in the field. A
> group field wouldn't allow that.

I can perfectly understand that ;) And think, we should make that work, too -
secondarily.

> Apart from that, thanks for taking over further development of my
> initial patch :)

The main part of the work is yours... thank you very much! That was just what I
was looking for at the time stumbling over your patch.

Didn't really want to take over, it's rather that I was asked for helping out.

Ralf