[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #4923: provide new inputfield "directorypicker" in BE

Andreas Wolf typo3ml at andreaswolf.info
Thu Jan 31 22:38:37 CET 2008

Hi Ralf,

> I added a new dirpicker demo to http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4923 , that
> doesn't use an input field with ?mode=folder GP but a single group field.
I also thought about that when implementing the first dirpicker, but as
I am a rather keyboard-centric worker (Linux user ;)), I opted against
it because I sometimes want to be able to type the path (or copy&paste
it), so it's better to be also able to directly type in the field. A
group field wouldn't allow that.

Apart from that, thanks for taking over further development of my
initial patch :)

Cheers,

Andreas