[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #7150: Add pageUnavailable_handling for system problems and maintenance

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jan 31 22:53:19 CET 2008

"Francois Suter" <fsuter at cobweb.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1201814908.27042.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Just one small question. In tslib_fe::checkPageUnavailableHandler() you
> refer to TYPO3_CONF_VARS in two different ways:
>
> $this->TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageUnavailable_handling']
>
> and
>
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['devIPmask']
>
> I suppose there's a reason for that, what's the difference?

for any reason tslib_fe holds an exact copy of $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']
so it makes no difference.

There are some of these like
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS

which are mixed together. It would be more easy to find specific vars in
code if they are named same scheme
(eg for searching Hooks)

vg  Steffen