[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #7150: Add pageUnavailable_handling for system problems and maintenance

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Jan 31 22:27:06 CET 2008

Hi Jeff,

> Solution:
> Add pageUnavailable_handling, which is equivalent to the
> pageNotFound_handling that already exists in core.  This allows custom
> maintenance pages that automatically appear and disappear when a site is
> broken.  It's also possible to click one checkbox in the All
> Configuration section of the Install Tool to manually disable a site
> during upgrades or maintenance.

This is a really great feature, thanks. +1 after reading and testing.

Just one small question. In tslib_fe::checkPageUnavailableHandler() you
refer to TYPO3_CONF_VARS in two different ways:

$this->TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageUnavailable_handling']

and

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['devIPmask']

I suppose there's a reason for that, what's the difference?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter