[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #7323: New Styling of Menu and Pagetree in new Backend

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Jan 31 12:08:38 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

please revise your patch due to the following issues:

* the patch is too large and includes changes to more than only one
issue (menu, tree filter, duration, file moving, CGL, ...)
* use diff -ruN, that should also include binary files into the patch
* this one really makes me kinda angry: do NOT try to sneak in changes
from other RFCs (#7290, effectDuration)!!!
* in alt_db_navframe.php::main() you introduce $hasFilterBox to store
the result of a check for a userTS setting, please initiate it as a
member variable for the whole SC_alt_db_navframe object so that you do
not make those checks multiple times
* move modification of the tree filter to a separate patch
* do not indent code using spaces at the beginning of a line
* do not add line breaks at the end of files
* do not replace whole files like with typo3/css/backend-scaffolding.css
and modulemenu.css - this probably happened because of changed line
endings, line endings in TYPO3 must be UNIX style
* I veto the change of row2 of the docheader to white in the classic BE
style as white is not used there as backeground color (except for the
new toolbar). this disrupts the look and feel of the backend without t3skin
* suggestion: as the tree filter currently only filters, but does not
search the tree, it would be wise to only use "Filter" or "toggle
Filter" as new label in typo3/sysext/lang/locallang_misc.xml
* do not move tree.js - I guess we can't do that due to backwards
compatability (anybody please correct me if I'm wrong here)

other than that I like the look of the menu! just try to fix the gaps to
the left of the bottom borders of main menus so that they reach to the
far left.

all the best
Ingo

--