[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #7307: Move 'Open Documents' to Header in the BE

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Wed Jan 30 21:49:20 CET 2008

Stefan Geith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a request for comments
>
> Type: Feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7307
>
> Branches:
> Trunk
>
> Feature-request:
> 1.  When you edit records in the BE it would be nice
>     to see how many records are opened for editing -
>     as a reminder to close them or to proceed with editing.
> 2a. Open Documents apears as an item in the 'User Tools'-Folder.
> 2b. As long as you edit a record, then (and only then) there is
>     a select-box at the top, where you can see (and switch to)
>     other open records.
>
> It would be greate to remove OpenDocuments there and move it
> (extended by a counter for the open records) to the new header
> of the new backend: just beneath the 'Shortcut'-Menu as a
> foldout-menu.
> I think this playe would be best for OpenDocs.
>
> I added an image to explain how it could look like and how
> I would prefer it.
>
> Regrettably I'm not able to do a patch for this and I don't know how
> much work this would be...
>
> Any comments ?
I really see a big advantage in it. Currently I'm working on the
docheader for 'Page', 'List' and 'Template' modules and also came to the
conclusion that it would be wise to move this to the top. Not every
module, or parts of them, offers this, for instance in 'Page' module it
is only available in QuickEdit. In list module it's only available when
editing, not when the list is shown.

When it's at the top, users are reminded to close their documents. Right
  now they are not triggered to do that.

But, till the feature freeze I'm working on the docheaders, so I won't
be able to work on this as well.

Till this is fixed, it will be put in the docheader only in the same
module parts as it was.

Patrick