[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6995 Context Senstitive Help text should be displayed faster

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jan 29 21:47:24 CET 2008

"Francois Suter" <fsuter at cobweb.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1201637056.25783.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>
>> nope, there are two help texts. The first now on hover (was before with
>> delay in title tag) now comes direct and is styled and clickable (very
>> good)
>> and the long help, if you click. So we need two actions anywhere, but
>> popups are annoying for me, tooltip would allow to show complete html
>> with pictures and links but in document, could be feeded with Ajax.
>
> Well then maybe we could have to hover for the short version (as is now)
> and when clicking the short version would transform into a more complete
> version. I don't know if that's possible.

may be a solution.
Problem is that prototip has no ajax method, so it has to be extended.
I still rearranged help icon in pagetree so there is actually no viewport
problem.
Old menu had (hardcoded) helpicons on the bottom, they are still missing,
don't know if they are needed anymore, because they belong to help module
anyway.

vg  Steffen