[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6040: bundled mailform improvements

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Sat Jan 26 17:41:31 CET 2008

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: New feature

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6040

Branches:
trunk only

Problem:
Mailform improvements:
(1) Have checkbox arrays available: Those are functionally similar to multiple
select fields, but might be more convenient and familiar for many users out
there. Regarding the rendering, they tend to be familiar to the already existing
field elements of radio buttons. And of course there is a relation to the
already existing single checkbox fields. So it's something in between - and
quite useful, I think ;)
(2) Possibility to configure a forms' reset button from within the wizard (as
many editors might never use
http://bugs.typo3.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000743 if they can't set it by
using the wizard)
(3) More configurability for wrapping submit and reset buttons.
(4) under certain circumstances, accessible forms will result in invalid HTML

Solution:
Attached patch bundles solutions for the mentioned problems

Notes:
I've read that a major overhaul is (or at least was) scheduled for mailforms.
Unfortunately I haven't recognized them in current trunk, so I decided to at
least provide these small adjustments. Is there any information about the topic
of new mailforms and TYPO3 core? Would be happy to contribute here...

Ralf Hettinger