[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #7245: Javascript Error in new Backend

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jan 23 01:16:12 CET 2008

"Ingo Renner" <ingo at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1201046956.17643.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>> Hey Steffen,
>>
>> obviously a no-brainer, but does this fix the problem that menu is not
>> refreshed in the new backend? or does it refresh the BE already when
>> installing a new ext?
>
> well yes a true no-brainer. Who ever wants to please go commit!
>
> The problem with the new backend is more complex:
>
> * the old one was quite easy as we could just reload a frame
>
> * the new one involves rerendering a part (or to make it easy the whole)
> of the menu. The problem is that this alone will not solve this. You will
> obviously have the menu entries appear but they won't work. For more
> details see: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7222
>

> Ingo
>
> --
> Ingo Renner
> TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2

yes, i saw this.
I'm not sure but imho all top.meenu could be removed from backend.php
because there will never be a menu frame.

Next step will be to investigate the EM. When calling top.menuRefresh there
could be a new method which loads top window and reset content frame to last
url, but this will need some more time. With the new $BE_USER-setting an
if/else is not hard to include.

vg  Steffen