[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #7245: Javascript Error in new Backend

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Jan 23 01:09:15 CET 2008

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey Steffen,
>
> obviously a no-brainer, but does this fix the problem that menu is not
> refreshed in the new backend? or does it refresh the BE already when
> installing a new ext?

well yes a true no-brainer. Who ever wants to please go commit!

The problem with the new backend is more complex:

* the old one was quite easy as we could just reload a frame

* the new one involves rerendering a part (or to make it easy the whole)
of the menu. The problem is that this alone will not solve this. You
will obviously have the menu entries appear but they won't work. For
more details see: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7222

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner