[TYPO3-core] RFC:: Bug 7214: Integrate topMenu in backend.php

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sun Jan 20 00:31:33 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

> Problem:
> Extensions like extdeveval use a hook for fetchContentTopmenu.
> There is no rendering of this method in new Backend.

I only know two extension adding stuff to the top menu:
* extdeveval
* roles (or so)

the last one is said to get rewritten to fit 4.2. Extdeveval only adds a
menu for core documentation which I think is not that important (not the
documentation, but the links).

For me this means that this is not really important. I'd also rather
like to keep backend.php clean of any pre-backend.php-time code and only
add compatability if we realy need to. Other then that backend.php
already offers means to extend the toolbar with new toolbar-items, add
JS, and add CSS.

Nevertheless I could imagine having an extension that acts as a
translator between the old mechanism and the new one instead of adding
this patch to the core - it just doesn't feel 100% right.
This is really tough but I'd vote -0.5 for this change.

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner