[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #7126: IRRE - Child records are shown floated and not as blocks in Safari

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Tue Jan 15 12:57:47 CET 2008

Hi Helmut,

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hey Olli,
>
> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>> Hi Ingmar,
>>
>> I tested this in IE7, IE6, Opera, FF2 and Safari3...
>> ... and found, that I forgot something.
>>
>> I replaced "$this->fObj->clientInfo" with
>> "$this->fObj->clientInfo['BROWSER']" in the patch for the check
>> against "msie". The corrected commit-ready patch is attached.
>
> I'm only wondering, why you did not simply use the Star HTML CSS Hack
> for this:
>
> http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=StarHtmlHack
>
> * html .typo3-TCEforms DIV.inlineDivMSIE { display: inline-block; }
>
> would have done the trick without any extra php code

And I'm just wondering if you've tested this? The "* html" hack doesn't
work with IE7 which was a requirement from the previous RFC #6104. The
clean solution would have been to use CSS conditions and to introduce a
new CSS file e.g. stylesheet_ie.css - but just for one CSS selector?

If you think that you've got a better way, feel free to create a new bug
report, create a patch and make sure that it does what it should.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/