[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7121: index_ts.php concerning frontend editing

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Mon Jan 14 15:27:49 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker kirjoitti:
 > Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
 >> Hi!
 >>
 >> Martin Kutschker wrote:
 >>> Can you explain in more detail what breaks? It's good to know that
eg pixe_feediting doesn't work ith this code, but for a proper fix I
think we should know which PHP functions don't work (eg because
something isn't properly initialized etc).

 >> Actually, should we change core if one or two extensions do not
work? Should those extensions be changed?

 > Well, it's worth to have a look to see what happened. But as both
extensions fail because they using XCLASSes I'm not inclined to change
something in the Core. At least not when the error descriptions is "the
functions don't do what is expected", whatever the expected result is.

when clicking move up/down or something else the action works immediately.
I discussed with S. Galinki. Any functionality which changes the output
of the page is broken in pixe_feediting are broken with the version of
Typo3 4.1.3 or newer.
If moved up/down there happens something but the move (or any other
functionality) can be seen after reloading the page or clicking twice.
Reloading or clicking twice might cause incorrect result because I
foundt that going to some other page and returning back to the same page
the change was done.

I belive that the change will broke any plugin, which changes somewhat
frontend editing.

The file index_ts.php can't be changed using XCLASS and available hook
don't help.

The only way to solve is just to replace index_ts.php with another file,
  which is a bad way.

 > I'm willing to make a change if there's something broken in the line
of initialization or so in index_ts.php.
some conditions could help - executing certain POST parameter the order
of handling FE stuff could be different.