[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #4186 GIFBUILDER cropsized images have bad quality

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jan 8 17:15:09 CET 2008

Hi Helmut,

"Helmut Hummel" <typo3 at jhpc.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1199805319.18162.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Branches: 4_1, trunk
>
> BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4186
>
> Problem:
> Giving the gifbuidler the command to cropsize an image, makes him convert
> the
> image to a gif, even if both source and destination are truecolored images
> like jpg.
>
> Solution:
> As this is a "simple" image-action, the directive is delegated to
> imageMagickConvert() in class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php. There is a special
> handling
> for cropsized images useing, after scaleing the image, a gifbuilder-object
> in
> order to create an offest for the the final result. Somewhere along the
> way,
> this gifbuilder creates a gif-file out of jpeg files.
>
> Note:
> I'd like to bring this one here, even if I did not write the patch. I have
> this
> patch applied to all my TYPO3 installations since ages (since 4.0.1 or
> something
> like that) and never encountered any problem. I'm always using GM, so
> perhaps
> someone can test with IM?
>
> It would be great to have this in the next versions!

As I wrote the patch a while ago i have to support :-)

works for me with IM, good quality. - +1 after testing

I used my patched file all the time and copied to typo3-installations but
forgot it the last months, so i'm glad that you bring it up again.

btw - that remembers me to write a patch to enable cropscale in IMG/Text and
IMAGE in BE. The fields are evaluated to integer so there is no chance to
enter 100c or 100c-50 for cropscale

vg Steffen