[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #4186 GIFBUILDER cropsized images have bad quality

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Tue Jan 8 16:15:17 CET 2008

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Branches: 4_1, trunk

BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4186

Problem:
Giving the gifbuidler the command to cropsize an image, makes him convert the
image to a gif, even if both source and destination are truecolored images like jpg.

Solution:
As this is a "simple" image-action, the directive is delegated to
imageMagickConvert() in class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php. There is a special handling
for cropsized images useing, after scaleing the image, a gifbuilder-object in
order to create an offest for the the final result. Somewhere along the way,
this gifbuilder creates a gif-file out of jpeg files.

Note:
I'd like to bring this one here, even if I did not write the patch. I have this
patch applied to all my TYPO3 installations since ages (since 4.0.1 or something
like that) and never encountered any problem. I'm always using GM, so perhaps
someone can test with IM?

It would be great to have this in the next versions!

--
lib.salutation = TEXT
lib.salutation.value = Kind regards, Helmut