[TYPO3-core] Checkbox "Disable RTE editor" removed - why?

Peter Niederlag peter at niederlag.de
Fri Feb 29 15:23:37 CET 2008

Hello,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Michael,
>
> this was me :) in late nov 07.
[...]
> Another reason for me to remove this was to put more attention to the
> user setup module (as it is now finally usable in t3skin) as it wasn't
> used at all (this is what my editors told me).

Wait, at least I desperatly need that checkbox! It had a different
result than disbling the RTE in the user-setup!

Using that checkbox it was really nice and easy to decide on a "Per
edit" base wether to use the RTE and at the same time control the parsed
content as saved in the DB (without RTE). Why? Because using that
checkbox made the little pencil (plain editing) and the big-button "edit
in RTE" behave different. I consider this an important feature! Also the
checkbox didn't prevent the "open RTE in full window" link", which could
also be used to enable the RTE nice and quick.

Without the checkbox it is really a pain to switch between plain and RTE
editing-modes or involves the risk of forgetting to reset the
per-content-element RTE-option to the regular state.

So, there is a strong wish to get that feature back in there!

If the checkbox should go away for cosemtical reasons I'd vote to at
least show the "open RTE in full window" in any case.

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag * Neuer Sandberg 9 * 31535 Neustadt *
Fon (privat): 05036 / 924 100 * Fon (Büro): 05036 / 924 101